THE 1814 SOCIETY
“To provide for the collection, preservation, and public exhibition of such flags, standards, and colors as shall have been or may hereafter be taken by the land and naval forces of the United States…”
13th Congress, Bill No. 46
February 14, 1814
With the War of Independence and the War of 1812 still fresh in the minds of many Americans, Congress enacted legislation in 1814 recommending that the Secretary of War gather symbols of combat from the young nation’s military struggles. The National Museum of the United States Army is the first comprehensive and truly national museum that properly captures, displays, and interprets Army history, while fully celebrating the accomplishments of the American Soldier in war and peace.
In honor of this Act, we have chosen The 1814 Society as the name befitting those supporters who share a desire to see the Army’s history preserved and exhibited for future generations.
Individuals are invited to join The 1814 Society with a gift of $1,000 or more. Click here to view a complete list of 1814 Society members.
In thanks for their commitment, these donors will receive special benefits and recognition.
- The collective contributions of The 1814 Society, as voted on by its members, sponsor the Campaign Streamers exhibit in the grand lobby of the National Museum of the U.S. Army. This exhibit honors the 11 wars and 190 campaigns in which the Army has fought since the birth of our nation. Beautiful glass renditions of campaign streamers commemorating each action will be proudly displayed in the grand windows of the Museum’s spectacular lobby and is one of the first things visitors see.
- Recognition by name on the Museum’s website as an 1814 Society Member
- Your name entered in the Museum’s online and kiosk Listing of Museum Members
- 10% off in the Museum Café, simulators, store and online orders
INVITATIONS TO SPECIAL EVENTS
- An exclusive event each year in the Washington, DC, metro area
- The Army Historical Foundation Annual Meeting
- Call To Duty, the Capital Campaign’s Quarterly Newsletter
- The Museum’s Yearly Calendar
- On-line subscription of On Point, The Army Historical Foundation Quarterly Journal
- Certificate of Recognition acknowledging Membership in The 1814 Society
- The 1814 Society member lapel pin
- Additional gifts include a Museum medallion, Museum lapel pin, and Museum tote bag
For more information, contact Leah Beckett at (571) 384-3016 or email@example.com.