Employment Opportunities at The Army Historical Foundation
To apply for any job at The Army Historical Foundation, send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the job title in the subject of the email.
Lead Cashier will function as a Cashier and Host and act in a lead capacity in the absence of the Director or Manager, providing optimal guest services and ensuring that all guest needs are met promptly. The Lead Cashier demonstrates a mastery of the computerized ticketing system and is authorized to handle special transactions to include returns and price overrides. This position is responsible for the opening and closing of the Simulator Gallery. A Lead Cashier will also complete additional tasks as assigned by the Director or Manager.
This position is responsible for assisting visitors by providing information about products, services, attractions and exhibits, processing sales on a POS cash register and/or operating a ticketing system and assisting in the movement of visitors throughout the Army Action Center (AAC).
This role is a significant position in supporting the day-to-day engagement and management of multiple projects and deliverables for the Marketing & Communications teams and covers 3 key areas of support to include daily operations, digital marketing /social media, and tourism marketing. This position is broad reaching in its position in the organization with a mix of strategy and project management, while also being part administrative and a vital communications conduit to the team and bigger organization. This is a great opportunity to build experience in a non-profit environment along with a fast-paced creative team to add to the mix. This position reports to the Marketing Director.
Marketing & Communications Daily Operations
- Support the Marketing & Communications team with daily projects and activities to keep the team delivering work on time and quality output via existing workflow and project management standards
- Communicate with departments regularly, keep them up to date on schedules and deliverables
- Activities may include writing project status reports, meeting summaries, email updates, and project discovery, etc. You will also be responsible for updating project information in Basecamp, our project management software, and using the scheduling and software tools for ongoing project tracking
- Work with the accounting team when necessary to ensure project Purchase Orders, estimates and invoices are being tracked properly, budget trackers are up to date, etc.
- Collaborate with creative, digital and media teammates to develop strategic, creative work
- Assist with presentation materials tied to internal and external communications via PowerPoint
- Manage all internal communications tied to marketing as needed via BaseCamp
- Manage the organization’s online web based “hub” for regular sharing of marketing assets and to track incoming marketing requests. This includes handling the back end of the platform with admin tasks
- Support administrative tasks tied to printing orders to include estimates, project coordination and billing
Social Media & Related Digital Channels
- Manage social media and digital marketing channels for AHF (note, not the Museum channels)
- Direct Supervisor to Content Specialist in support of various channels and day-to-day social media presence
- Lead a Q4 organized transition from current contracted White 64 social media posting support to in house
- Manage AHF Google Analytics reporting and related benchmarking for overall metrics / digital channels
- Craft a unique growth plan for existing grandfathered Google Ad Word Grant
- Support AHF specialty digital marketing projects with AHF ad agency White 64
- Responsible for creation and management of email marketing campaigns for AHF and Museum promotions
Tourism / Partner Development
- Manage AHF’s relationship with local tourism partners
- Acting as engaged member of the Tourism Task Force in representation of AHF
- Expand partner engagement for state tourism marketing offerings via Virginia Tourism Corporation and Visit Fairfax to include, feeder blog content, marketing co-ops, available tourism grants and event sales.
For this position, at least 5 years of work experience in a fast-paced, creative environment is preferred with a basic knowledge of marketing and advertising principles. We are looking for a strategic thinker who can be both a problem solver and team player. You enjoy collaborating with groups and bring excellent communication skills, both written and verbal to the role. This position is a fit for an extroverted, assertive individual who is detail-oriented and well organized, an individual who can wear many hats while being both a leader and conduit to getting things done.
Retail Sales Lead – National Museum of the U.S. Army
Does the history of the United States Army connect to your interests, and do you want to work for an amazing company that puts its Team, Partners, Guests & Planet first?
Be a part of this fascinating “must-see” cultural destination located at Fort Belvoir, Virginia – and see why visitors find this desired destination a place of celebration honoring our nation’s soldiers—past, present, and future.
Imagine yourself helping our guests create memorable experiences…Now imagine yourself in a fun and rewarding Seasonal Sales Lead role at our National Museum of the United States Army gift shop!
Our people make us pretty great! Our friendly and enthusiastic team help create fun and surprise as they interact with guests to deliver the ultimate guest experience.
As SALES LEAD (Part-Time Seasonal), you will
- Provide exceptional guest service as you support the store management team in day-to-day operations
- Ensure that our guests have the best shopping experience ever
- Engage with guests and create an entertaining, fun, exciting and memorable experience
Position Preferences / Requirements
- Prior retail keyholder, retail supervisory, cash-handling, and customer service experience
- Strong merchandising skills
- Able to work a flexible schedule, weekends, early evenings, and holidays
- Naturally enjoy interacting with people of all ages
- Able to proactively intercept, engage, and demonstrate product to customers in a positive, welcoming, and outgoing manner, and able to effectively communicate product features
- Welcoming, positive, engaging, and friendly towards our guests, team members, and venue staff
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Sales Lead is frequently required to stand; walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The Sales Lead must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Event Network is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply today! For this position, send your resume to:
email@example.com or call 703-562-4161